You may make an appointment by phone or just come in. Patients with appointments will generally be seen first. If your problem is urgent or likely to take some time to deal with please let the Receptionist know so that an appropriate appointment can be made.
Clinic Hours weekdays & weekends – please call 95622288 to confirm hours
Monday – Friday 8.15 am – 7.30 pm
Weekends – Saturday 9 am – 6 pm and Sunday Closed
Public Holidays – please call 95622288 of Knox on 98870211 to confirm hours
We are open Public Holidays please call to confirm hours. Our other clinic at Knox is open between 9/10 am to 5/7 pm.
Telephoning the Doctor
The Doctor is not generally able to provide advice or consultations over the phone. You will need to come in to see the Doctor.
Correspondence via electronic means
Correspondence via electronic means (email, facsimile and Short Message Service (SMS)) is not encouraged. Correspondence by electronic means is available, only where the general practitioner determines it is applicable.
Pathology and Xray Results
For medicolegal reasons and for patient confidentiality, results cannot be given out over the phone. Patients need to see the Doctor to obtain results.
Patient Health Information and how it is used
Under state and Federal law you have certain privacy rights in relation to information that you give to this medical practice. We respect your right to privacy and it is important that you understand your rights over the use we make of the information and how we may disclose it to other medical service providers.
The policy of our practice is as follows:-
1. The main reason we collect information from you is so we can assess, diagnose and treat you properly.
2. Personal information such as name, address and health insurance details are used for administrative purposes including billing and compliance with Medicare and Health Insurance Commission requirements.
3. Information may be disclosed to others involved in your health care, including doctors and specialists outside this practice who may become involved in treating you. This may occur through referrals.
4. If necessary, information may be disclosed to others for medical defence purposes.
5. You have the right to access our records of your treatment at any time. the law provides some circumstances where these may be withheld in which case an explanation will be provided. Statutory fees may apply in relation to the type of access required.
After Hours Care & After Hours Home Visits
Should you require urgent & emergency treatment either:
Attend your Local Public or Private Hospital
or we recommend
The Mulgrave Private Hospital
Cnr Blanton Drive, Mulgrave
Phone 9790 9333. Out of pocket fee will apply.
Alternatively ring our number 9562 2288 to arrange a home visit and obtain information regarding terms and conditions.
If you require a home visit please call our number on 9562 2288 to book the visit and to check the cost. Out of pocket expenses will apply.
Facilities for Children
We have a play area for children, located behind the television.
If you present a current Medicare card, you may be bulk-billed for surgery consultations. Out of pocket expenses may apply for procedures.
Some consultations need to be paid for on the day.
We follow the AMA’s code of ethics.
If you are unhappy with any aspect of the care you receive from this practice please call our Manager, Mrs. Germain Gunasekara. We want to know if you are concerned about any aspect of our service.